Process control and emissions monitoring in an aluminium smelter is a challenge due to the high concentrations of HF. To use an extractive system in this environment will demand a lot of maintenance.
The OPSIS DOAS system is different and provides aluminium smelters with an accurate analyser that will operate with a minimum of maintenance. The OPSIS DOAS system is based on a non-contact method using an optical measurement path that can operate across the duct. A single OPSIS system will measure all relevant gas components such as HF, NOx, SO2, CO, CO2, and others.
OPSIS has three specific application possiblities in smelters.
1. Open-path monitoring in large indoor work areas, the potrooms.
2. In situ monitoring across a stack or duct.
3. Ambient air quality monitoring outside the plant.
- Automatic optical alignment
- Multi-gas and multi-path system
- Combines the benefits of UV/FTIR DOAS and TDL technology
- Best performance according to QAL 1 certification
- Longest calibration interval according to QAL 1 certification
- No sampling required, non-contact measurement system
- Operates with a minimum of maintenance
- Low energy consumption
- Gas calibration only once per year
- Internationally approved
- Thousands of systems installed worldwide
- Serviced by highly skilled service network